Saturday, December 20, 2008
Feeling better
Phew!!! This week has been so long. On Wednesday I woke up with severe chest pain and shortness of breath. Then Thursday, at 2 in the morning, I woke up to even worse pain and swelling in my feet. After much contemplation I decided that it was best to get it checked out and took myself to the InstaCare. They did an EKG, took 4 vials of blood and did a chest x-ray before they decided that I might have a blood clot and sent me to the hospital. So frustrating!!! I spent the next 5 hours inhaling radioactive gas and getting squirted in the heart with colorful dye for "baby-safe" scans before they decided that I had a "low probability of having a blood clot" and sent me home. The next day the pain had subsided but I had to go to another doctor, this one specifically for the baby, and had an ultrasound of my legs. Thank goodness they found nothing and the baby seems perfect. A blood clot would have been a showstopper for the home birth we've been gearing up for. Today I've felt no major pangs and feel less tired. What a crazy situation!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment